Our Clients have included: architects, developers, private commissioners, public sector commissioners, communities and schools.
Having frequently been part of a combined team, we are skilled in working with a community of interests; responding to the team, their expectations and ideas is part of the design process.
"I have recently worked successfully with Lauren Sagar and Sharon Campbell on a commission in the Entrance Reception of Arlington House, a prominent Homeless Hostel and Social Enterprise Centre for One Housing Group in North London. The commission, of a significant size and complexity, was realised within a four month period and successfully achieved the brief. As an architect I found their work and approach responsible and professional and I felt that our work complimented each other. I would be happy to work with the artists again and recommend them to client teams and architects for future projects. "
David Rimmer, Levitt Bernstein
Each project is unique; we consider one of our strengths to be our flexibility and professionalism bringing the following skills and experience; conception and presentation of designs, fabrication of art using experienced contractors, installation as well as issue solving with minimum fuss and maximum effect.
The nuts and bolts bit
- Initial meeting: to clarify and understand the client's aims and desires.
- Assessment: to go over plans and visit the site so that we can assess the environment, space, position and light. This helps us to best achieve the client's aims and our vision of an exceptional artwork for the space.
- Consultation: with all parties; the client, commissioner, architect, the professionals, the community. The various requirements, issues and expectations are often wide ranging.
- Research: based on the consultation.
- Concept and design stage: leading to presentation of the designs. This part of the process involves regular meetings, checking the direction of the process.
- Final presentation: in a format that gives an accurate feel for the artwork. This can include artists' impressions, scaled drawings, models and written descriptions. Also budgets and work schedules.
- Samples: Once agreed, samples can be made, including a 'control' or 'sign off' sample.
- Manufacture and installation: Depending on the project we can either use our own installers or the contractors on site.
This can be an enjoyable and creative process for all those involved. We love our job and hope that this is expressed in the way we work with our partners.
Always underlying our approach is our commitment to artistic excellence and creative effect. We enjoy balancing the need to engage people in the creative process with the need to create artwork of high quality and durability.